Are you suffering from any one of the following chronic conditions?
- Osteoarthritis knee pain
- Achilles tendon injury
- Tennis elbow
- Shoulder or rotator cuff injury
Have you tried physical therapy, massage, or even reconstructive surgical procedures and yet continue to suffer from pain and limited joint function?
If your answer to both questions is YES, then stem cell therapy could be an effective treatment option for you. Stem cell therapy works by using the healthy, adult stem cells found in your own body to heal damaged tissue and boost the natural ability of the body to heal itself.
Stem Cell Therapy for Pain Relief and Faster Healing from Chronic Conditions
Regenerative medicine, such as stem cell therapy, has seen exponential growth in the last few decades.
In recent years, treatment options such as stem cell therapy and PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy are being increasingly used for providing long-term relief from common chronic conditions.
Pain, inflammation of the affected muscle, ligament, and tissue, as well as limited joint movement are the common pain points for patients suffering from the common chronic conditions that impact soft-tissues and joints.
Because pain relief and long-term cure are the focus areas of stem cell therapy, it is quickly becoming a treatment of choice for patients who are not only looking for long-term relief, but more importantly, want an alternative to highly invasive surgical procedures.
The added advantage of stem cell therapy is that it is a relatively quick treatment option which is performed either as a simple office or outpatient procedure.
Top 8 Benefits of Stem Cell Therapy in Treating Chronic Conditions
- Speeds up the healing time for injuries and wounds.
- Provides pain relief from chronically painful soft-tissue and joint conditions.
- Improves range of movement and functionality.
- Provides robust healing which reduces risk of injuries in the future.
- Increases collagen.
- Helps build new blood vessel tissue.
- Helps in reducing nerve damage.
- Makes it possible for patients to return to normal activities faster compared to traditional treatment options.
Stem Cell Therapy – Brief Overview of Treatment
- You will receive an initial consultation at the clinic or doctor’s office where the doctor will check your health history and other health conditions to determine if you are a prime candidate for the treatment.
- The stem cells are gathered from neonatal umbilical cord blood and prepared off site at a lab for implantation.
- This injectable is ordered ahead of time for you to receive at the appointment.
- Once we’ve determined where to deliver the stem cells (and we’re talking millions of them in one injection) then we inject them into the desired area.
- In most cases the patient can go back home on the same day.
- After the treatment, the patient might experience mild or very short-lasting discomfort/side-effects at the injected site in the form of swelling or minor pain.
- The pain may last for a day or two, however, most patients are able to return to normal activities and functions after the treatment.
It is important to note here that results can vary from patient to patient. So, while some patients may require an extended term of treatment, others may experience significant improvements relatively quickly.
The Lasting Effects of Stem Cell Therapy
What we’ve learned about stem cells is that the cells themselves are actually less important than the enzymes they create and control. Its these enzymes that really help bodies to develop the right environment for healing and repair. The cells themselves are gone in about 1 week from the time of implantation- but the lingering effect that they bring is the control over the enzymes that are so critical to getting other cells to work on the injury and repair process.
The Future of Stem Cell Therapy
Regenerative medicine, which includes stem cell and PRP therapy, comes with a tremendous potential to serve as an effective treatment option for various diseases and disorders.
In addition to treating soft-tissue injuries and joint injuries, scientists and doctors are increasingly focusing on using regenerative medicine to treat other chronic and serious conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and various kinds of neurodegenerative conditions.
Scientists and medical researchers are also exploring the use of stem cell therapy as an extendable replacement source for both cells and tissues.
These can then be used for treating several serious and chronic conditions without the need for surgeries or organ transplantation. Cancer treatment is another area where stem cells are showing promising results in patients with acute and chronic forms of the disease.
A Brighter Future
Stem cell therapy is a cutting-edge and extremely safe medical procedure in the hands of a qualified practitioner. Patients suffering from chronic soft-tissue and joint injuries opting for stem cell therapy can expect relief from pain, improved functionality, and faster healing.
Consult with Rocky Mountain Foot & Ankle
If you are looking for relief from some of the above-mentioned chronic conditions, we at Rocky Mountain Foot & Ankle can help you. If you are suffering from any other form of soft-tissue injury, or a sport related injury as well, we can help. Give us call today to set up an appointment!